Engaging with your existing and potential customers involves some level of creativity, especially around the type of content you’ll be pushing out. Adopting a simple content development process and then embracing the best practices on how you can market your content is essential for success.
That said, here are seven content marketing ideas to help market your small business:
Whether you want to increase brand awareness or increase your email subscriber list, running a contest is a way to drive the masses. The planning for an effective contest should include the following:
- Be able to answer the simple “why.” Specifically, “Why run the contest?” This will help with building up a compelling offer that resonates with your target audience.
- Resources needed. Decide who’s going to be in charge of graphic/web design, content writing, promoting the contest, and collecting data.
- Determine how long the contest will run.
- Determine how much money you plan to spend to promote and what the major KPIs are that you will track to understand if the contest was successful or not.
Webinars are a great way to showcase your expertise and authority around a specific topic. A few great benefits of running webinars are that they are cost-effective, help with brand awareness and reaching a broader audience. As a result, webinars can be leveraged as a major driver behind establishing your credibility, while also positioning promotions to get sales.
The most effective way to make sure that you keep up with blogging on a regular schedule is to have a content calendar mapped out. Doing so will help you stay organized, so you stay ahead with the type of content that needs to be developed every week. Further, did you know that:
- Blogs that post daily get five times more traffic than those that post weekly or less?
- Once you accumulate 51 posts, blog traffic increases by 53%?
- Blogs that post every day generate four times more leads than those that posts weekly or less?
4) Video Tutorials
Short videos that help provide actionable insights is always a great way to go. Utilize video tutorials to teach something of value. You can even include a strong CTA (call-to-action) that can help with generating new sales or leads. For inspiration, do some research on platforms like Vine, YouTube, and Snapchat. This will surely help you see what helps with engagement, so that you can replicate as needed for your own videos.
Make time to interview key influencers within your community and even within your network of professionals. Big publications like Inc, for example, leverage both written and video platforms to interview successful entrepreneurs. The key to successfully generating content here is to make sure that you interview influencers your target audience most likely identify with.
6) Create/Share Memes and Gifs
Keeping with mainstream media is a great way to generate ideas around memes and gifs relevant to your own industry. Doing so humanizes your brand exuding authenticity to further engage with your audience.
The great thing about infographics is the fact that you don’t have to develop the content from scratch. For instance, you can curate written facts, tips, and stats, and put them into visual content pieces. Imagery within infographics are important because researchers have found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
There are multiple ways to tackle the ideation process when it comes to creating content and marketing it. Start by asking yourself what your customers would want to see and read. From there, you can easily move into figuring out “how” you can drive high engagement with your content pieces.